- dessert, cooking shows, and/or baking
- winter sports such as snowshoeing, skiing and sledding
- breakup songs by Gladys Knight and the Pips
- illustration, painting, sculpting, photography, pottery, and the artistic process in general
- spending time with children
- belonging to a library or church
- small communities
- supporting special causes
- New England
- New Orleans
- dogs, especially greyhounds
- catching up with old friends
- falling in love or realizing you love someone
The above list represents leitmotifs in Simply From Scratch (obvs!), which has been described as Good Grief meets Love Walked In meets P.S. I Love You.
People magazine calls it “tasty” in the Great Reads section of this week’s (8/14) issue, and Library Journal says it’s “strong, richly detailed, with a truly lovable heroine.” It has enjoyed five straight weeks on the Spiegel bestseller list in Germany (danke, Germany).
I hope you read Simply From Scratch, and I hope you love it, too!
4 Replies to “If you like my book, you may also like …”
I *do* like a lot of those things…and ‘Simply from Scratch’ 🙂
I like everything on that list except the winter sports thing. I am snowaphobic. And I loved Simply From Scratch, a wonderfully inspiring story.
yup, I like all of those things! Esp. kids, dogs, and dessert!
your list of leitmotifs includes so many things I like, too.
Spending time with children (and now our grandchildren!!)is so important for me and my husband.It was a great experience to watch the process of writing here in this blog.
I enjoyed reading your novel soooooooooooo much!
Comments are closed.