This was a hard and stressful week for us Debutantes for reasons I’m sure you all are aware of by now.
I planned to write about how last week, after being let go from my full-time job, I decided to take a break from television and pursue writing full time. I was going to tell you that this was one of the scariest decisions I’ve ever made. How I’ve been working in television for fourteen years straight and know no other life. I was going to tell you how nervous I feel, worried I would later regret the projects and jobs offers I recently turned down. How becoming an author has always been one of my biggest dreams but the fear of failure has kept me clinging to my safety net.
Instead, I’m going to tell you one of the best decisions I ever made for my writing career, and for myself in general: Keep. Moving. Forward. No matter what. Through the rejections, industry hurdles, the hate and madness, I never stop moving forward. I may pause, catch my breath, cry into a tub of cookie dough ice cream, but I don’t wallow in misery. Focusing on my goals keeps me grounded and sane.
To help keep me motivated, I have inspirational quotes hanging up all over my house. Here are a few of my faves:
Latest posts by Tiffany D. Jackson (see all)
- My Debut Year: The Highs!!! And Byeeeeeeee!! - Friday, September 1, 2017
- My Debut Year: The Lows - Friday, August 25, 2017
- These Things I Have Read - Friday, August 18, 2017
- Interview with Brandy Colbert + #DebBallGiveaway of Little & Lion - Saturday, August 12, 2017
- Déjà vu: A Poem - Friday, August 11, 2017