I love this week at The Deb Ball! We get to spill our silly secret pieces of happiness. It is a little embarrassing to admit these out loud, but hey, we writers have thick skin and can take the heat, right? (Pishaw)
Here we go:
Trashy magazines. Hey, I figure I cram my brain with only so many heavy duty resources about culture, history, war, etc, per day. I’m allowed a little dessert, right?
Having a cocktail on an airplane (or the airport)–especially during the day. Granted, they aren’t the most delicious variety, but it feels like something forbidden that I shouldn’t be doing, therefore, I love it.
Masterpiece Theater on BBC. I even love all the dorky British flicks from the 80s and 90s. I’m not sure what’s up with that.
Fun sneakers, particularly with the Euro-trash look.
Smoking a cigar with a glass of port around a campfire on a fall day or night. A few of my girlfriends and I started this tradition and continue it every year, even after babies.
What’s your secret guilty pleasure?
Latest posts by Heather Webb (see all)
- Agent Interview with Michelle Brower: On Pitch Sessions, Her Dream Project, & Industry Gossip - Wednesday, January 20, 2016
- Where Are They Now? An Update from Deb Alum Heather Webb - Thursday, May 7, 2015
- So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye… - Thursday, August 28, 2014
- Book Two Updates: The Countdown to Rodin’s Lover Begins - Thursday, August 21, 2014
- Looking Back is a Historical Author’s Favorite Past Time, Unless We’re Talking Launches - Thursday, August 14, 2014