Temper is out now! It feels like I’ve been waiting forever for this, and also like it happened in a flash.
This is the book of my dark, twisted heart. I wrote it for myself, because it was a book I wanted to read—a book about the kind of woman I want to be, and the woman I am already.
I wrote Temper for all the ambitious bitches who want things so badly it feels like it’s gonna tear them apart. For the nasty women who are so fucking angry all the time, that if one more man tells them to smile they swear they’re gonna paint the sidewalk with his blood. For those of us who see what we want and take it, and never apologize for being too loud or too forceful or too much.
I also wrote it for the women who want to express themselves artistically, but they’re afraid they won’t be taken seriously, or their work isn’t good enough, or they aren’t worthy of success. Because as much as I want to be a boss bitch all the time, I still struggle with this stuff every day. Just like Kira and Joanna in the book, sometimes I feel like an imposter, I second-guess myself, I let other voices drown mine out.
Writing Temper helped me realize that my ambition is a gift, my anger is fuel, my voice is valid. If it makes even one other woman feel the same way, then I’ve done my job.
Latest posts by Layne Fargo (see all)
- [News Flash] September 29, 2019 - Sunday, September 29, 2019
- [News Flash] September 1, 2019 - Sunday, September 1, 2019
- Interview with Shelby Mahurin, Author of SERPENT & DOVE - Saturday, August 31, 2019
- Introducing Karen Osborne: Author of ARCHITECTS OF MEMORY - Wednesday, August 28, 2019
- Interview with Maureen Joyce Connolly and LITTLE LOVELY THINGS Giveaway - Saturday, August 24, 2019