Congratulations to Regina, winner of Pam Wechsler’s MISSION HILL!
Check back next week, where we will announce the winner of this weeks giveaway, Karen Halvorsen Schreck’s BROKEN GROUND!
From the 2016 Debs:
Louise Miller is in a post-writing conference-spring wedding-party-mother’s day baking coma. She is almost 100% certain she will never get caught up with everything in her life.
Jennifer S. Brown visited her first book club this week and is now addicted. How much fun to discuss MODERN GIRLS with folks who have read the book! She’d love to visit your book club, either in person if you’re within an hour of Boston or via Skype. In the meantime, she’s planning for three readings this week. If you’re in one of these cities, please come out!
- New York City, Tuesday, May 10 at 7 p.m., with Lynda Cohen Loigman, at the Museum of Eldridge Street.
- Brookline, MA, Wednesday, May 11, with Lynda Cohen Loigman, at Brookline Booksmith
- Baltimore, MD, Sunday, May 15 at 4 p.m., at the Jewish Museum of Maryland; registration required for this free event, but the book and a wine reception is included!
Heather Young got the first mockups of her website design and loved them all! Next is adding content, and then it goes live. In other news, she scored a galley of Aya’s UPTOWN THIEF and had to tear herself away from it to write this post. It’s so good!
Abby Fabiaschi is shocked another week has passed already. Her family is T – 50 days until a moving truck arrives to take their stuff to Connecticut, and the fact of that sits with her insides about as well as a quarter pounder.
Aya de Leon got feedback from her agent, a stripper organizing consultant and a beta reader on Book #2 and has gotten down to work on a new draft. She also got a chance to share an excerpt from UPTOWN THIEF at a UC Berkeley event, and was thrilled to be able to read from an actual galley!!
Here are some of the best things we saw on the internet this week:
* For a little inspiration, here are 22 great sentences about writing from Litreactor.com: On Writing
* For a little humor, this piece about the nerdy things all book lovers have done, in Buzzfeed: Things Book Lovers Do
* And finally, for the soul: a beautiful piece about a daughter’s love by Tiffany Briere in New York Magazine: Nursing My Mother, the ICU Nurse