Thank you so much to yesterday’s guest, Rene Denfield! If you haven’t already, enter the #DebBallGiveaway to win a copy of The Child Finder. You can enter by sharing our post on Facebook and/or retweeting the following tweet:
— The Debutante Ball (@DebutanteBall) September 8, 2018
News from Previous Debs:
- Tiffany D. Jackson (Class of 2017) is currently on tour for her book Monday’s Not Coming. You can catch her this weekend at the Bookmarks Festival in North Carolina, or visit her website for full tour info.
News from the Class of 2019 Debs:
|K.A. Doore, having recently turned in her third book, is busy taking a break. And by taking a break she means reading submissions and manuscripts for Pitch Wars, reading in general, definitely not researching for her next WIP, and enjoying Michigan’s suddenly autumnal weather.|
|Devi S. Laskar will be featured today as part of Rattle magazine’s reading series: she will be reading from her two poetry chapbooks and her forthcoming novel, The Atlas of Reds and Blues.
Flintridge Bookstore & Coffeehouse
Admission is free.
|Layne Fargo spent this week reading Pitch Wars submissions and attempting to make headway on the first draft of her next book.|
|Stephanie Jimenez is working on grant applications this week because writing books is easier with $$$. She’ll also attempt to be social on Monday and attend the Long Island City reading series.|
|Martine Fournier Watson was interviewed this past week by blogger Rebecca Cahill for her Author Talks series. Visit rebeccarcahill.com for Martine’s thoughts on writing Kryptonite, helpful resources on the web, and how to avoid planning your literary future. You can also read a sneak peak of her current project.|
See you next week when we share more about our debut novels and what inspired them.
Latest posts by Layne Fargo (see all)
- The Same But Different - Wednesday, January 23, 2019
- [News Flash] January 20th, 2019 - Sunday, January 20, 2019
- Interview with Amy Gentry and Last Woman Standing Giveaway - Saturday, January 19, 2019
- Dream Big - Wednesday, January 16, 2019
- [News Flash] January 13, 2019 - Sunday, January 13, 2019