Today of all days, we commemorate how acts of rebellion can lead to independence. Happy birthday to our country. I’m grateful to have grown up without civil wars, repressive regimes, famine, and disease. Our country’s not perfect, but, hey, it’s good to be here, right?
And, today, I’m rebelling by not writing a proper blog post! Seriously.
And seriously, is anybody out there to read this post? I’m imagining lots of barbeques, family vacations, and fireworks. In the Pacific Northwest, summer is officially here!
I leave you with one more picture of the Chihuahua/terrier mix I adopted exactly one week ago today. Her name is Fawn. She was a stray who got a second chance from a kill shelter. She’s still recovering from pneumonia. Poor girl was skeletal, but she’s already put on a little weight. Cheers to her freedom!
What was your last little rebellion? And do tell, what are you doing today?
P.S. I started to write something deep about the first amendment, respectful discourse, and extremism … but, man, I just want to get out there in the sun, hang out with friends!
Latest posts by Lisa Alber (see all)
- The New Deb Line-Up Begins Monday — Please Welcome the Class of 2015! - Saturday, August 30, 2014
- The Last Goodbye, the Last Blog Post, and All Good Things - Friday, August 29, 2014
- An Era Almost Ends — the 2014 Debs and Some of Our Favorite Posts - Saturday, August 23, 2014
- Hey, I’m Not Thinking About My Next Novel At All (Kidding) - Friday, August 22, 2014
- Robin Williams, Me, and Doing It Differently - Friday, August 15, 2014