I’ve been trying to write this post for a week, but between launch party and Book Two deadlines, I am just flat out of words. This week has been like:
But, I am steeped in gratitude. I am so grateful to my husband, for letting me spend weekends behind closed doors and in another world. To my agent, for shepherding me through the wild and weird world of publishing. To my editor, for taking a chance on these characters and loving them as much as I do. (Sorry about Book Two, Lauren. Hope we can still be friends when you finish reading.)
I’m also so very grateful to my Deb Ball sisters. Reading their posts this week has been overwhelmingly sweet. I feel so seen by these women, and so grateful to be supported by them. Their talent is undeniable, and to be celebrated by people whose work I so admire is, frankly, an honor.
Finally, thank you to all of you, for following along and reading as we walk down this publishing path together.
Kaitlyn Sage Patterson
Latest posts by Kaitlyn Sage Patterson (see all)
- The Wrong Kind of Fat Girl. An Essay by Kelly deVos - Saturday, April 21, 2018
- From Unseen Fire: A Triumph - Friday, April 20, 2018
- The Diminished: A Love Letter - Friday, April 13, 2018
- Girlish: How Lara Broke My Heart and Put Me Back Together - Friday, April 6, 2018
- Kaitlyn’s Favorites - Friday, March 30, 2018