I’m here today writing about tips for writers. I am the social media maven for The Debutante Ball this year and lead a team of 2021 debut authors on our Instagram account. One of the things I/we focus on is creating attractive visuals. We want to snare attention from those who use and enjoy social media, especially those folks who see social media as a means to find new authors or keep track of the authors they already love and adore:)!
So, I decided today — I’d share some slides I’ve used when talking social media to a few writer’s groups — it’s called 2020 Book Marketing Online All-The-Time or What?
Now, you may ask, are these tips for beginners? Well, I believe it’s never too early to gain better insights into social media for authors (just not while you’re writing). But if you have aspirations of getting your book into the hands of readers — it’s never too early (IMHO) to start exploring social media. Because it’s not going away:)!
Writing Tips continued — a few bullet points!
- Read extensively in your genre.
- Read extensively outside of your genre.
- Read extensively:)!
- Some of my favorite craft books include anything by Donald Maass.
- If you can find an online (or one-day in-person) class with David Corbett — do it! (Or buy one of his craft books:)!
- Margie Lawson and her website are fabulous for the various stages of the writing process, especially editing.
- Check out SavvyAuthors website, great for community and craft for all levels.
- Join a writer’s group. I belong to the Historical Novel Society and Women’s Fiction Writers Association, to name a few:)!
That’s all for me for today! Enjoy your Tuesday!
Denny S. Bryce
Latest posts by Denny S. Bryce (see all)
- Writing Tips for Writers: Sure, I Have A Few! - Tuesday, November 17, 2020
- An Interview with Multi-Published Historical Fiction Author Vanessa Riley - Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Writing Through Distractions: What Distractions? (Add insane laugh, here:)! - Tuesday, October 27, 2020
- Chicago That Toddlin’ Town – My Story World - Tuesday, October 6, 2020
- The Road to Publication is Paved with Vampires, Witches, and Romance! - Tuesday, September 15, 2020