With one week to go until COME AWAY WITH ME is out in the wild, I’m still feeling quite green about this whole author thing. And I wonder, do you think being a debut author extends way into the first year your book is out, much like the term ‘newlywed’ applies until you’ve been married for a year? I hope so, because it’s been one pretty amazing, pinch-me kind of year so far, and I’d like to squeeze out every bit of excitement I can!
So in no particular order, here are the reasons why being a debut author is the bees knees:
Nose in book. The ‘old book’ smell has enough of a fan base that if you want, you can fill your house with it via candles and other scented products, but the ‘new book’ smell? When you wrote the book your nose is buried in? Nothing like it.
Expanding my circle. From the Deb ladies, to my critique partners and beta readers, to well-established and wise authors, to newbies just like me, to book bloggers and reviewers and readers, to the publishing peeps I’ve been honored to work with, this year has been all about taking that lonely little writer’s circle (Population: 1) and blowing it way, way out.
Bucket List item #34. As I’ve mentioned a few times here and there, I started a life (bucket) list when I was 17 and have been crossing off and adding items to it ever since. There are now over 100 experiences on it, but there’s one I’ve been working towards for a number of years. One I’ll be able to check off in seven days: Item #34 — Write, and publish, a novel.
Latest posts by Karma Brown (see all)
- News Flash: Keep in Touch with the 2015 Debs! - Sunday, September 6, 2015
- The New Debs: Please Welcome the Class of 2016! - Saturday, September 5, 2015
- It’s Not Really Goodbye … more, “See you later!” - Wednesday, September 2, 2015
- News Flash: BIG (secret) news, Celebrity Sighting, & a Giveaway! - Sunday, August 30, 2015
- Launch week: Karma Brown Takes Deb Ball Interview + a Giveaway! - Saturday, August 29, 2015