Sometimes, in the middle of a conversation, people look at me and ask, “How on earth did you get to that topic?” And I’m equally surprised by their inability to follow my logic. It’s taken me awhile to understand that not everybody’s brain flips into the Word Association Game at the drop of an interesting word or turn of phrase.
Throw a word out there and my brain chases it like one of those little terrier dogs after a ball.
This week, the topic I was given to blog on is simply this: Green
And here is what happened in my head:
Followed by this:
And then this:
Before realizing that the topic is because of St. Patrick’s Day and I’m supposed to be thinking about this:
Your turn: where does your brain go when presented with the word Green? Play fair now – what is your first thought?
Latest posts by KerryS (see all)
- Goodbye, from Deb Kerry and Random Penuin - August 26, 2013
- Deb Kerry’s best friend is a Viking - August 19, 2013
- Deb Kerry’s Writing Journey is the Ultimate Road Trip - August 12, 2013
- Deb Kerry and The Flying Pigs - August 5, 2013
- Deb Kerry is Riding Off Into the Sunset. Take Two. Or Three. - July 29, 2013