I’ve been thinking about this topic a lot since it was first proposed and thinking how much I like it but that makes me wonder if that means I’m superficial since I immediately interpreted “hot” as meaning sexy or attractive or does that mean that I’m just caught up in this whole list thing that seems to be a trend or that I’m over-thinking the whole thing or…
… okay, 20, huh?
1-5. My fellow debutantes. So in the order of their “hot” mugs appearing on the site… Danielle Younge-Ullman, Eileen Cook, Jenny Gardiner, Jess Riley and Lisa Daily.
6. Lolly Winston
7. Kristy Kiernan
8. Amy MacKinnon
9. Tasha Alexander
10. Amy Guth
11. Nicole Krauss
12. Marisha Pessl
13. Sara Gruen
14. Jhumpa Lahiri
15. Zadie Smith
At this point I’m looking at my list and thinking that’s all females which I’m thinking that might lead you to believe I’m not attracted to men. But that isn’t true. I just think there are more attractive female authors than male authors. But in the spirit of fairness and equality and all that jazz, I’ll give it a shot…
16-18. For the hot nerdy brainy look, I’ll go with the three Jonathans… Jonathan Lethem, Jonathan Safran Foer, Jonathan Franzen.
19. Ethan Canin
20. Dave Eggers
That’s 20. That’s it.
Should we have a vote at the end of the week? Or, better yet, how about all of you, readers, share your list and then we can make a master list that we can… I don’t know, do something with?
Latest posts by Gail (see all)
- Launching and Leaving Simultaneously by Deb Gail - Monday, September 29, 2008
- More Cancer Is a Bitch… Chapter 2 by Deb Gail - Monday, September 22, 2008
- excerpt from Cancer Is a Bitch (Or, I’d Rather Be having a Midlife Crisis) by Deb Gail - Monday, September 8, 2008
- My Maudlin Post to The Debs by Deb Gail - Monday, August 25, 2008
- Writing Ritual in the Writing Hut by Deb Gail - Monday, August 11, 2008