I just spent nearly five months traveling to promote The Weird Sisters, and while every event was a blessing, the parts in between – the constant flying (not a fan), the endless hotel rooms, trying to find a vegetable so I wasn’t eating fried food all the time – was not so fun.
If it hadn’t been for all the wonderful readers, librarians, and booksellers I got to meet, and all the people who perked me up by telling me how much they loved The Weird Sisters, or recommending new books I should read, or making me laugh by telling me stories of their own siblings, I’d have gone completely crazy. Or crazier than I already am.
Because I know I’ve got a tour for the paperback edition of The Weird Sisters coming next February, I’m all about staying home right now, or at least relatively near home – I’ve made a few exceptions to visit new places in Colorado. I feel guilty, because I know there are wonderful places to visit and explore, but I’m kind of loving sleeping in my own bed, seeing my sweetie and my cat more than once every two or three weeks, and eating all the vegetables I want – no deep-frying allowed!
So help me out – let’s make a list of the best reasons to stay at home. What are yours?
Latest posts by Eleanor Brown (see all)
- The Debutante Ball Welcomes (Back) Deb Eleanor! - Saturday, February 4, 2012
- Deb Eleanor’s Debut Year in Numbers - Tuesday, August 23, 2011
- Characters We Love and Loathe, by Deb Eleanor - Tuesday, August 16, 2011
- Be a Homebody With Deb Eleanor - Tuesday, August 9, 2011
- Love, Lust, and Deb Tawna’s MAKING WAVES! (Giveaway!) - Tuesday, August 2, 2011