People are awesome.
Every single day, people are creating amazing things, and they’re sharing them with us.
Someone made Garfield Minus Garfield, “a site dedicated to removing Garfield from the Garfield comic strips in order to reveal the existential angst of a certain young Mr. Jon Arbuckle.”
The folks at Catalog Living looked at the often bizarre photographs in their Restoration Hardware catalogs and build a whole site dedicated to celebrating the ridiculousness.
The folks at VeryTasteful.com took Kanye West’s unhinged apology to Taylor Swift for disturbing her acceptance speech at the VMAs and made this amazing song:
Students at Shorewood High School took a great Hall & Oates song and made this video that had my jaw dropping the entire time:
Over at Etsy, people will knit you a cover for your iPod Nano, or sew you a sleep mask out of fabric with cupcakes on it, or make you coasters featuring artwork from The Empire Strikes Back.
And do you know why people do all these things? Because we are all creative and gifted and brilliant and awesome, and we want to make each other happy.
Share something creative or clever that you or someone else has done in the comments, won’t you?
Latest posts by Eleanor Brown (see all)
- The Debutante Ball Welcomes (Back) Deb Eleanor! - Saturday, February 4, 2012
- Deb Eleanor’s Debut Year in Numbers - Tuesday, August 23, 2011
- Characters We Love and Loathe, by Deb Eleanor - Tuesday, August 16, 2011
- Be a Homebody With Deb Eleanor - Tuesday, August 9, 2011
- Love, Lust, and Deb Tawna’s MAKING WAVES! (Giveaway!) - Tuesday, August 2, 2011