Okay, I have an idea.
I don’t know about everyone else out there, but I’m guessing a lot of you are like me, in that my main creative outlet is writing. It’s great and I love it, but it’s not like I sing, or play an instrument, or knit, or scrapbook, or sculpt, or paint… I write.
The above are crafts I did not make.
But the more I thought about this week’s theme and how broad it is, the more I thought it would be a fun challenge to take the week and expand my creative horizons. I’m thinking every day this week, I’ll do something that’s a creative stretch: like attempting to bake a crazy dessert without a clear recipe, or actually using all the odds and ends in my six-year-old daughter’s art kit to build something wild, or sitting outside and painting a picture. I’m pretty sure I can get my daughter to partner with me on this venture, but it would be even more fun if some of you joined me too.
What do you think? Would it be fun to try something new creatively each day this week? Maybe we could even write down what we do each day in the comments below, and see what kinds of things we’ve all come up with.
I’m writing this post late late late Saturday night (technically Sunday morning, but until I go to sleep, it’s Saturday to me), so I’m not sure what I’ll try on Monday, but I’ll definitely let you know, and I hope to hear from you as well!
Latest posts by Elise Allen (see all)
- Deb Elise Sings Pomp and Circumstance - Monday, August 22, 2011
- Deb Elise Worships J.K. Rowling’s Characters - Monday, August 15, 2011
- Deb Elise Loves It, But Doesn’t Do It Enough - Monday, August 8, 2011
- Deb Elise Would TOTALLY Stow Away With Deb Tawna’s Making Waves Crew! - Monday, August 1, 2011
- Deb Elise on Populazzi, and her Least Favorite Aerosmith Song - Monday, July 25, 2011