We wrote about lists last week, and I happen to have a very lengthy to-do list staring me down right now. Mine is two columns, going on two pages, and it doesn’t even include the laundry staring angrily at me from the hamper (yes, I have angry laundry) or the dozens of things I promise I will get to one day (like sorting through the receipts for five months of book-related travel – can’t imagine why that one never sounds like fun).
There are times when even the fun stuff, like catching up with friends or going to the gym, starts to feel like one more item on a neverending to-do list.
So today I am making a freedom list, full of things that never, ever feel like they belong on a to-do list, or, if I put them on there, it’s only for the satisfaction of crossing them off.
Deb Eleanor’s Freedom List
2. Reading books not for research, reviews, reciprocity, or any other “R” word
3. Pool and beach time
4. Writing without an assignment or deadline
5. Time with my sweetie
What’s on your freedom list?
Latest posts by Eleanor Brown (see all)
- The Debutante Ball Welcomes (Back) Deb Eleanor! - Saturday, February 4, 2012
- Deb Eleanor’s Debut Year in Numbers - Tuesday, August 23, 2011
- Characters We Love and Loathe, by Deb Eleanor - Tuesday, August 16, 2011
- Be a Homebody With Deb Eleanor - Tuesday, August 9, 2011
- Love, Lust, and Deb Tawna’s MAKING WAVES! (Giveaway!) - Tuesday, August 2, 2011