Have you seen the film Midsommer? It’s an excellent horror fairy tale that gets even better upon repeat viewings. To be honest, I’ve seen it at least 6 times. I find myself enamored with the storytelling and Easter eggs that can only be caught on the 2nd or 3rd watch.
For The Goddess Twins, I have an Easter egg that I am pretty excited for readers to uncover for themselves. **Leave this article now if you don’t want any spoilers!** This was even something I knew I wanted featured on the (back) cover, it’s that secretly crucial to the story. There are multiple parts where this Easter egg comes up as a running theme, but as the plot develops, this Easter egg becomes even more prominent and important to the story. I really envision readers putting the clues together after one of the final scenes of the book, how essential this Easter egg has been the whole time.
Can you taste the suspense? Okay, I guess I’ll reveal it…its mermaids! Yup! We find out through The Goddess Twins that not only are there supernatural beings, there’s also very possibly mermaids in the sea! I found I liked having this running gag about if mermaids real, or are they just an image that the family finds comforting. It’s not until the end that it is resolved and the twins look back on their life with a greater sense of understanding. I look forward to readers sharing in the mystery of the mermaids alongside Arden and Aurora! The Goddess Twins is out in just 3 weeks!
Latest posts by Yodassa Williams (see all)
- Introducing Author and News Flash Organizer Elizabeth Gonzalez James! - Thursday, August 27, 2020
- [News Flash] August 23, 2020 - Sunday, August 23, 2020
- Interview with Carole Stivers, author of The Mother Code - Saturday, August 22, 2020
- What’s next for my writing career? - Thursday, August 20, 2020
- Debut year recap – highs, lows, and what I’ve learned - Thursday, August 13, 2020