As I write this, I’m in Nashville, Tennessee, at the Killer Nashville conference. I’ve put on my bonafide author mask (authordom still feels too new to be real yet), which means I’m on panels and signing books and the whole author thing.
So here I am promoting KILMOON. What about the second novel in the County Clare mystery series, you ask? I’ve got a solid second draft that still needs heavy revision for plot. I just need to get on it, yah, you know?
But it’s as I was saying last week: depression partially controls my actions vis a vis (is that how you use that phrase?) my energy levels. That said, I’m feeling confident that I’ll finish this draft by the end of the year.
See, that right there, that little bit of hope and looking forward — that’s a good sign. Yay!
GREY MAN continues the story of Merrit Chase, newcomer to Lisfenora village, Ireland, and Detective Sergeant Danny Ahern. Whereas KILMOON was mainly Merrit’s story, the second novel will be Danny’s. In this novel, Danny finds himself matching wits with a man who doesn’t seem to exist after a teenage boy dies in Danny’s arms. When the violence hits too close to home, he must figure out the connection between a mute women with traumatic amnesia, a hermit jewelry designer, and a second dead teenage boy.
(That up there isn’t official marketing copy — a little early yet for that.)
The title “Grey Man” refers to a local myth that runs as a theme through the novel — a predatory faery that snatches people when the fog descends. As you might guess, it’s foggy in the novel!
I’m not sure about the title GREY MAN — do you think it’s too generic? I never know what to name my novels …
Latest posts by Lisa Alber (see all)
- The New Deb Line-Up Begins Monday — Please Welcome the Class of 2015! - Saturday, August 30, 2014
- The Last Goodbye, the Last Blog Post, and All Good Things - Friday, August 29, 2014
- An Era Almost Ends — the 2014 Debs and Some of Our Favorite Posts - Saturday, August 23, 2014
- Hey, I’m Not Thinking About My Next Novel At All (Kidding) - Friday, August 22, 2014
- Robin Williams, Me, and Doing It Differently - Friday, August 15, 2014