As I contemplated this post, I wondered what more I could say. I feel like I’ve pulled back the curtain on my life a bit this year as we’ve gone through the ups and downs of being a debut author. I’m not going to lie, it’s been hard and exhilarating and daunting and anxiety inducing and a dream come true and a nightmare all at the same time. It’s been a lot of questions I didn’t know how to answer (“How’s the book doing?”) and fantasies I never expected to come true (having a signing at BookCon).
I am so grateful for the patience of my fellow Debs when I inevitably waited until the last minute to do my newsflash, and for their friendship and their support of my book. I can’t wait to see the adventures Cass has in store for us next in the Aven Cycle, to have my heart broken and put back together by Lara’s next memoir, to be utterly swept away by the humor and drama of Kimmery’s sophomore effort, and to be wrapped once more in Julie’s lush and absorbing storytelling.
It has been a great honor to share this space with these women this year, and I am so excited to see where the next class of Debs takes us.
Kaitlyn Sage Patterson
Latest posts by Kaitlyn Sage Patterson (see all)
- So Long, And Thanks For All the Fish - Friday, August 31, 2018
- To All the Words I’ve Loved Before - Friday, August 24, 2018
- How to Birth a Book - Friday, August 17, 2018
- Interview with L.L. McKinney, Author of A Blade So Black - Saturday, August 11, 2018
- Trunked: A Love Story - Friday, August 10, 2018