UNPREDICTABLE is one of those books you laugh all the way through, send to your best girlfriend for her birthday, and carry around in your beach bag the whole summer long.
The book opens with the heroine, Sophie, stealing her ex-boyfriend’s socks in a slightly twisted but hysterically funny plot to win him back. Sophie is willing to go to any lengths to help her guy see what he’s missing, including fooling his uber-perky new girlfriend into thinking Sophie is the city’s hottest psychic.
Eileen Cook’s writing is funny, I mean, laugh out loud funny. There were several times as I read this book that I was cracking up so hard I could barely continue reading. (You know that feeling, when you’re sitting by yourself in a coffee shop or a beach chair, and you can’t help giggling out loud, even though you’re pretty sure you look like a complete lunatic.)
Eileen’s heroine, Sophie, is so likeable, quirky and charming, you’ll wish you had her for a friend. UNPREDICTABLE is smartly written, and offers hilarious insight into men, women and how they interact when they’re in love, falling out of love, or not exactly sure how they feel.
Despite the fact that she’s a bit on the nutty side (and who among us hasn’t gone off her rocker at least once for love?) I pulled for Sophie to win back her man, and come out of her self-made disaster unscathed.
This has been one of my favorite books this year, and I can hardly wait until they make a movie out of it.
Latest posts by Lisa Daily (see all)
- Ugh. Cancer. By Deb Lisa Daily - Wednesday, October 1, 2008
- Debutantes Love to Do The Funky Chicken by Deb Lisa Daily - Wednesday, August 27, 2008
- Please Welcome Our Guest Debutante, the Fabulous Jane Green - Wednesday, August 13, 2008
- Schooled by Guest Blogger Anisha Lakhani - Saturday, August 9, 2008
- You MUST read Falling Under by Danielle Younge-Ullman - Wednesday, August 6, 2008