Ahhh! It seems like yesterday that I was hastily typing up my application to join The Debutante Ball. I was so excited– and nervous- to apply. My debut was coming out in January, in the middle of a pandemic that seemed like it wouldn’t let up, and I had no idea what I was supposed to do with myself.
I mean, yeah. I had a book coming out. I had a marketing and publicity team behind me, true, but I knew that I would need to do some of my own legwork too. But what did I know about building a community??
That’s why the Debutante Ball has been so invaluable for me. I got to meet four other amazing authors, and I have learned so, so much from Lyn, Ehsaneh, Denny and Elizabeth. They are incredible sources of inspiration, humor and support in an industry that can make you feel really, really alone.
With their help, and by their sides, THE FROZEN CROWN debuted on January 12th. I’ve been able to see my book in stores and even do a few author events (with more to come!!) The sequel, THE SEVENTH QUEEN, is coming out in November and I know that my fellow debs, and all our amazing guest authors will be there to cheer me on.
I can’t believe that my time with the Deb Ball is almost done. I will miss it immensely, but I’m really excited to welcome the new class.
Interested in applying?
- A debut author with a book coming out from a traditional publisher between Sept 1, 2021 and Aug 31, 2022
- Are female or non-binary
- Do you have innovative ideas about how to help grow The Deb Ball, and keep the platform relevant in a changing publishing world?
Then you should definitely apply! The application is live now until August 3, 2021!
Latest posts by Greta Kelly (see all)
- The Seventh Queen Is Coming - Thursday, July 29, 2021
- What Greta Got Out of the Deb Ball - Thursday, July 22, 2021
- Escaping the Friendzone… Or Not - Tuesday, May 25, 2021
- Interview with AJ Super, author of EREBUS DAWNING - Wednesday, May 19, 2021
- A Plotter’s Guide to First Drafts - Tuesday, May 4, 2021