Is there anything more lovely than curling up with a book on a sandy beach, with the sun streaming down on skin (um, slathered in SPF 50), waves crashing into the shore in the background? Of course, I can only dream about this scene, because I have three little boys and I’d rather gouge my eyes out than get on a plane and travel somewhere far away with three kids, so I shall live through all of your summer vacations. And, when I wrote my second novel, The Bungalow, which is out in March of 2012 (eeps, that’s like 9 months away!), I was feeling pretty housebound. I had two little boys (ages 1 and 3 at the time), and I was in the second trimester of my pregnancy with boy No. 3. I felt frustrated that I couldn’t hop on a plane and head to somewhere tropical, so you know what I did? I wrote about it instead! The result? My second novel, The Bungalow. Here’s a little more about the story, if you’d like to take a look.
What do you think of the cover? I think it’s pretty dreamy, and it follows the theme started with The Violets of March, so I love that—hope you do too!
P.S. The most memorable beach read for me was The Thornbirds, which I read in Tahiti on my honeymoon 10 years ago.
Latest posts by Sarah Jio (see all)
- Deb Sarah Says (Sniffle) Goodbye … and Hello - Thursday, August 25, 2011
- Deb Sarah Steals Character Traits for Her Books From Friends & Family - Thursday, August 18, 2011
- Deb Sarah Congratulates Deb Tawna, and Has a Confession… - Thursday, August 4, 2011
- Deb Sarah Is Having a POPULAZZI Love Fest! - Thursday, July 28, 2011
- Deb Sarah’s Dream Notebook - Thursday, July 21, 2011